Joy Moeller has worked in private practice as a myofunctional therapist since 1980.
She has worked in a variety of settings including:
- Children’s Hospital, San Diego, California
- Temporal Mandibular Joint Therapy Clinic
- Orthodontist Offices
- Pediatric Dental Offices
- Associate Professor, Indiana University
- Public School System as Health Educator
- Chiropractic Office
- ENT Office
Her training is extensive. She graduated from the Myofunctional Therapy Institute in Coral Gables, Florida, in 1980 and had an extensive Internship in Orofacial Myology.
Joy’s background of Dental Hygiene led the way for further studies, and she has taught and continues to teach principles of Myofunctional Therapy to graduate and post-graduate students and numerous universities as a guest speaker.
- UCLA School of Dentistry
- Cerritos College
- Guttenberg University in Mainz, Germany
- University of Louvain in Brussels, Belgium
- University of Freiburg, Germany
- Physical therapy groups
- Speech Pathologists
- Orthodontists, Dentists and Hygienists
She is currently teaching at UCLA in the Sleep Medicine Mini-Residency Program.